The Triple A Mom.......Allergies, Asthma & Autism

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Receipt Randomness

Today I met John for lunch and we decided to go to McAllisters. When we got there we ordered. We had a nacho appetizer for starters (we were both super hungry cause we didn't eat dinner last night). I ordered a Spud Ole with vegetarian chili and John ordered some kind of Cranberry sandwich and a bowl of chili. I had diet coke and he had sweet tea cause we had a coupon for a free sweet tea. We also picked up a bowl of loaded potato soup for one of Johns friends. And that entire paragraph was unnecessary and acted as filler for this blog.

While we sat at McAllisters and talked, John pulled a receipt out of his pocket and said I had to look at it. He was in Walmart earlier that day and was in self check out and as he went to get his receipt, there was one left from the last person. He pulled it off and looked at it and he thought it was amusing and wanted me to see it. There were two items on the receipt. One singular CORN DOG and one singular MOUSE TRAP. John and I immediately started creating scenarios on what was said before that trip to walmart.
"HONEY.....I am going to walmart to get one corn dog and a mousetrap! Be back in a few!"
"Hey honey, can you stop by walmart on your way home and pick up a corn dog and a mousetrap?"
"Darn that stupid mouse, he keeps eatin my corn dogs. I'll show him......"
"I love corn dogs....I think I'll get one.....hmm....that is marketing genius to have an end cap with Corn Dogs AND Mouse Traps! Leave it to Walmart to know exactly what I need when I need it!"
Excuse me, Ms., could you please tell me where your single serve Corn Dogs are? Oh, and are the Mouse Traps on that same aisle?"

Anyway, you get the idea. SO, what I want to know is if you have ever found a receipt or had a receipt that had random things that just seemed funny to buy together. If so, comment and share the humor with us all! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment