The Triple A Mom.......Allergies, Asthma & Autism

Monday, February 1, 2010

A follow up.....

Here is the follow up to the potty training story. I think you all will appreciate this.

On Fridays Trey has SNAAP (see previous blog regarding SNAAP) at the YMCA in Olive Branch. We usually go see John at work and take him a Sonic drink to kill a few minutes before we go to the Y since his office is just two seconds away from the Y.

One day we had stopped in and it was at a time when Trey was just starting to really want independence and he said he wanted to go play on the playground (it's just right across the hall from John's office). I agreed to let him go and he insisted that I stay in daddy's office while he went to play. While John and I were talking I got this feeling down deep in my gut. I don't know if any of you have ever had "that feeling" down deep but when you're a momma, you know something is about to shake down. I got up from my seat while John was mid sentence and walked out of his office, peering into the play area as I walked out. Trey was not playing in the normal place he usually did so I walked closer. He wasn't in the play area at all. I figured that he must have had to go potty and that was where he went. I turn to make my way to the bathroom and I hear someone say, "JOHN, I think your boy needs help." As I look up I see Trey waddling down the hall with his pants down around his ankles saying "wipe my bottom, mommy." I just about flipped OUT! I was SO embarassed. John was mortified and just about forbid me to let Trey go anywhere in his place of business alone again.
I can look back on this situation and laugh and laugh now but I promise you, at the time, it was not so funny! Kids DO the darndest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment