The Triple A Mom.......Allergies, Asthma & Autism

Thursday, January 21, 2010

HOLEY MOLEY! and SNAAP

Nice title, huh? I laughed when I wrote it! Yesterday I went to the dermatologist and had a mole removed from my back. They said they needed to send it in for a biopsy to make sure it wasn't malignant or whatever! I'm not really nervous in the least cause I know that moles run in our family......I know, I know, we have to be careful where we step....LOL.....I am such a cheese ball! Anyway, after she shaved my mole off, she scolded me and told me that I was too fair skinned and blue eyed and that I should avoid the sun! I don't think she realized that she was talking to the queen of tan.....well, maybe my princess.....but at any rate, I love to have a dark tan. I mean, sure, in the past few years I haven't been as tan as I usually am, but I have always said, "Fat looks better tan." and I have always held true to that. When I told her that I had laid out in Cozumel with no SPF on at all and that all I brought with me on the boat was SPF 4, she glared at me and told me that that was probably where this little dude came from. Needless to say, I shall slather SPF 50 on me each time I go out in the sun no matter what the biopsy says. Wendy, bring on the white girl comments! I'd definitely rather be alive and not have to remove these stupid moles from my body than avoid the jabs at my bootay white color from my sister!

****I am ammending this blog to let everyone know that I found out the results of my biopsy on my mole. It was just a "harmless age spot!" YAY! Praise GOD! I wasn't really worried but cancer isn't anything to take lightly so I am so thankful to God for taking care of me! :0)

On another note, Trey starts back to SNAAP today. SNAAP (Special Needs Athletic & Aquatic Program) is held each Friday of the school year at the YMCA in Olive Branch. Basically the first semester of this program, the children go into a gym and they do Athletic type things. There are many ranges of kids that come to this. Some are wheelchair bound and are given special attention so they can get out of their wheelchair and stretch out while most of the others are special needs in other ways (autistic, Downs or Developmentally delayed in some way). They do bowling, basketball (on their level), an obstacle course is set up and they follow that a few times.....they play duck duck goose.....it's just a very fun experience for the children! Each child is paired with a volunteer (which are typically high school age volunteers or older women who are in the senior program) and these volunteers help keep the boys and girls on task! It's very fun to see the kids warm up to each other and play with their volunteers! That is the first semester. The second semester is the Aquatic portion of the program. This is Treys very most favorite part! He LOVES swimming. Each child is pared back with the same person that they had the first semester and they get to go in the pool. They are required to wear a swimming belt if they can't swim and each person floats them around and plays water basketball or just does whatever the child wants to do, within reason, of course! The smiles on the kids faces while they are enjoying this program is fantastic! And the coolest thing about it is that it is a free service! Donations are requested at the end of the year but this service is one that you would pay hundreds of dollars for and you can get it for free from the local YMCA! It is every Friday of the school year (except holidays for the schools) and it's from 330-415 or 430-515. Call the YMCA if you are interested in your child being a part of this great program or if you would like to volunteer! Volunteers are always needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment